In this agreement the following expressions shall bear the following reference.
“The Company”: refers to Safeway Valet Parking KZN.
“The Customer”: refers to any individual person, a firm, partnership, corporation, company trust, voluntary association or club.
“The Vehicle”: refers to the vehicle which is received into storage and shall include any mechanical device on wheels, its equipment and/or accessories.
All and any business accepted by the Company and its employees is subject to conditions hereinafter set out and each and every condition hereinafter set out shall be deemed to be a condition of any agreement between the Company and the Customer.
1. The Customer acknowledges that the Company and its employees shall have the right to drive the Vehicle on public roads to and from its place of storage.
2. The Customer warrants the Vehicle is fully insured, licensed and roadworthy and indemnifies the Company and its employees against any fines levied due to the condition of the vehicle or any loss or consequential loss occasioned as a result of the vehicle’s condition.
3. The Company and its employees shall not be held liable to any Customer including without elimination the owner of the Vehicle for any loss of contents howsoever arising in respect of any negligent act or omission by the Company.
4. The Company shall not be held liable for any loss, theft or damage to any loose items left in the Vehicle whilst in the possession of the Company.
5. The Company shall not be held liable for any loss or damage whatsoever caused by natural disasters such as floods, hail, wind storms, electric storms and such like.
6. The Customer acknowledges that each Vehicle taken into storage is subject to all charges due or accruing to the Company and the Company reserves the right to refuse to release the Vehicle until such charges are fully paid.
7. No special consideration granted by the Company to the Customer shall constitute a waiver of any of the Company’s rights.
8. The Customer acknowledges that he/she accepts these terms and conditions by handing the keys of the Vehicle to the Company.